The software can be understood as a part of the computer system- It is a program that enables the use of the computer and other devices. The software consists of some instructions that provided the user with a way to interact with the computer and all of its components such as the hardware so that the task at hand can be performed. There is not one particular kind of software, their operation and their uses vary. It can be a set of programs that enables the user to use it for a specific purpose as instructed or it can be the set of programs. They are embedded on the devices like the computer of mobile phones, to serve its core purposes to its many users. Without these software programs, the hardware is not capable of providing services. This software is usually packed in CD-ROMs and diskettes with the manuals, user guide, warranty and other needed papers but now, at this day and age of advancement, most of the software programs can be bought on the internet from various sites for free or for a price.
There is two main type of software. The two type of software is the broad category under which some software is laid.
The two types of software are – System software and Application software. In this article, we will be looking for these two broad types.
- System Software – These types of software programs are linked to the hardware such as the CPU, RAM, Disk, etc., to manage the computer with the system operation as the components of the computer need instructions to work, the instructions that make up the operation of the system are known as the disk operation system (DOS) which are the very first files that are to be installed on the hard drive. The files are installed to inform the various components of the computer about the various tasks needed to carry out and manage the files and systems. The system software connects the hardware and the other programs and supports the application systems. Its role is to act as the middle program where the hardware and the application of the user meet to function. There is various sub section to the system software, they are:
- Operating system
- Language translators
- Common utility programs
- Application Software – While the system software works in the background as programs of the computer system, the application software deals only with a particular task that it is programmed to carry out. There is an infinite amount of application software that is working for the specific need. These are the programs that work with the certain purpose of the users. Application software is more known to the general as the other term for it is called ‘Apps’. Many can download these apps from various sources, and it is not hard to do so. Some of the application software are:
- Word processor
- Multimedia software
- Graphic software
- Database software
- Education and reference software
- Web browser
Your body needs to stay fit and healthy if you want to go about doing the things you need to do and the things that you want to do. So for this, am sure you take up all sorts of ways to stay healthy, be it eating healthy or exercising. Similarly, your PC that you use for the ample amount of task or entertainment, you are required to keep it fit and running to do what it has to. To do this, there are a variety of options to do so. There is some software that you might not even be aware of or may not know much about it. To help you decide on the software that is best for your PC to keep it at its peak and without breaking the operating system- is a list that contains the best software available.
- Anti-virus: An Anti-virus is a must in a Pc so that it is protected from the number of threats such as viruses, spyware, malware, etc. Some of the Best anti-viruses that are available are Bit Defender, Kaspersky, AVG Anti-Virus, Norton Internet Security, Aviara.
- Ccleaner: Even though we are cautious, a lot of junk files manage to creep into the PC. So this leads to a lot of files on the PC that are not at all necessary which ends up affecting the PC’s performance. CCleaner helps the PC by cleaning up temporary data, unused files and settings that are not necessary from the PC.
- Razer Cortex: This software is especially for those who like gaming on their PC. Razor Cortex optimises the PC by clearing out some memory, defrags the system, turns of the unnecessary processes and thus making the PC run smoother for the game and providing a smooth visual as well.
- Revo Uninstaller: Uninstalling programs that you don’t use is a good way to enhance the PC’s working, but sometimes when we uninstall, some pieces stay behind. Revo Uninstaller takes it to the next step and diminishes every trace of the program that is not required.
- Malware Bytes: Malware slows down the performance of the PC and can disrupt your flow while you are working on the PC. This software runs a scan on your PC and picks out on what is affecting the PC. Treating the malware can get your PC to working smoothly again.
- Space Sniffer: Sometimes there are files in the PC that take up a lot of space, and you don’t even know about it. This software sees what is taking up space on the disk, scans and analyses space in the drive.
- Drive Booster 3 Free: This software is a tool made for those that game. It is easy to install and use, and it enables the user to find the right driver for the audio chip, GPU, the network chip, the mouse, printer, etc. This software boosts the gaming experience.
There are plethoras of software available in the market for all sorts of function. Even for watching videos, there is quite some it available. Having the choices available to us is a good thing but choosing the best or that is most suitable for us can be a tough thing to do. One thing that we do know is that- a good video player should be free from those annoying ads, malware, virus, spyware, junkware with strong coding ability, supporting a variety of format. So to make it easier for you, here is a lineup of the best software for video player on Mac that is available for you:
- VLC- the VLC Media Player, has been on the top for a long time now. It is a simple open source cross-platform compatible. It supports and plays DVDs, CDs, VCDs and other streaming protocols. Basically, it plays whatever format of media you give. There are no codec packs required. VLC supports some operating systems such as Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS. It is light weight, and also it comes with features like strong playback controls and network streaming and best of all, it is totally free.
- MPlayerX- The MPlayerX can play any media that you throw at it. It is definitely one of the fastest choices on the OSX to play back some videos. It supports the instant playback of MKV files, and it also comes with an advanced styled subtitle in ASS format. It contains all the popular codecs so that the user does not have to go through the trouble of installing them. The video playback goes so smoothly without stuttering, hence providing a good video watching experience.
- QuickTime- This player is an Apple’s flagship player who is powerful but simple and easy to use. It is capable of supporting some formats of video, images, sounds, etc. It consists of an advanced video compression technology for HD videos that uses less storage and bandwidth. The player can also convert videos to formats that the portable device supports which are a bonus.
- 5KPlayer- 5kPlayer is the basic software for Mac OS X. It supports homemade or commercial DVD, CSS-encrypted or region coded enhanced DVD providing a great video watching experience. It is a combination of MKV HD video player, Airplay media streamer, music player and online video downloader. The option for playing and saving Netflix 3D movies is also available.
- Cisdem- the Cisdem Video Player, is another great player that provides smooth playback. It supports more than 50 formats, and no codec packs are required. The player has a decent interface, and it takes less space in the CPU memory. The player can play 4k video and even 5k/1080p videos with no crashes of buffers, loading subtitle files automatically or add the files in a simple, easy way, it supports all codec. Thus making the playback of HD videos go very smooth.
To make use of your PC to the best of its capability, you need software, and there is some software available in the market for various purposes. Some of the software can prove to be quite pricey while some that provide the same service/program is free and while some are on the top, the others are not so. You will need to be wise about which you choose. But choosing among them for your PC can be a tough task. To help you lift your burden trying to decide, here is a list of the all best software in the market for your PC-
- Anti-virus soft ware- A good strong anti-virus soft ware is a requirement for your PC to stand guard against the threats, virus, trojans, malware, spyware, etc. The best of them are Bit Defender, Kaspersky, AVG Anti-virus, Norton Internet Security, Avira, Panda, Sandboxie, Zone Alarm Firewall., Malware Bytes,
- Web browser: It is needed to have a good browser that is multifunctional or safe. The good browser includes- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Maxthon, Yandex Browser, Vivaldi.
- Office Suite- Office suites is a must have the software needed by students to business men. Recommended software includes MS Office, Libra Office, Calligra, SoftMaker FreeOffice, WPS Office Personal Editing, Google Docs, Zoho Docs.
- File compressor: Extracting or compressing or uncompressing files helps in the better management of the files. A few good examples of the software are- 7zip, WinRAR, PeaZip, jZip, IZArc, File Opener.
- Media Player: Be it watching videos, movies or listening to music- this is the thing that everyone does on their PC. But in order to have a good and smooth time, there is a need for a good media player which supports various formats and that which is easy to use. Some of the best media players available are VLC Media Player, Potplayer, KMPlayer, SMPlayer,
- Torrent- To use torrent and download media files one need efficient software and one that is easy to use such as BitTorrent, qBittorent, BitLord, Deluge.
- Download manager: Other download managers who are efficient besides Torrent includes Internet Download Manager, FlashGet, Microsoft Download Manager, Free Download Manager, JDownloader.
- Game emulators: Proper emulators that enable us to play games on the PC and one that is easily configured and provides a good gaming experience are ePSXe, ZMZ, PCSX2, VisualBoyAdvance, Project64, NOSGBA.
- Back-ups: Anything can happen to the PC, in order to be on the safe side and to make sure that the important files are kept safe, the backup software comes to the rescue, software such as- EaseUS Todo Backup, Personal Backup, Comodo Backup, Redo Backup, Genie Timeline.
- Clean ups: Even if we try to avoid it, there is bound to be some junks and registry errors in the PC which make the PC lag. To make the PC run smoothly and faster, good software is available such as Tuneup Utilities, Ccleaner, Uniblue Power Suite, PowerTools Lite, JetClean, PC Decrapifier, Space sniffer.